Video tutorial & screenshots
All comments (21)
The following review written by one of the Software Informer contributors applies to version 3.6
Photoscape is a free basic photo editor whose range of tools includes batch editor, animated GIF creator, RAW converter, images combiner and so on. “Basis” is the key word when describing the application as you won’t find any sophisticated features in it, such as clever selection or layer support, for example.
Still, if one of the primary things you are looking for in a photo editor is simple and easy-to-use interface, Photoscape looks like a nice thing for this purpose. The program will let you adjust the brightness, contrast and sharpness levels in a rather easy way as well as choose from more than a hundred of frames and apply various filters.
Some of the filters are standard: Newsprint, Cellophane, Embossing, Crystalize or Blur. But there is a number of effects that may seem rather uncommon: Reflection will allow you to add a reflection of the image in various colors, Region will highlight a spot in the photo and let you apply a chosen effect in the selected area and Fake Tilt Shift will leave a horizontal strip in your image stay in focus and blur the area left.
Photoscape’s cropping tool is just great as it allows either to select the area you want to crop or to choose the size, aspect ratio or the shape of the cropped area and then to adjust it the way you want. Resizing an image is just as simple as the program offers to set the aspect ratio of photos by simply specifying the height or width of you picture.
The program’s other tools include Batch editor which supports editing of multiple photos in groups so you can have a bunch of photos resized, framed or converted at once. With the Page option you can merge several photos on the page frame to create one single photo. The editor also offers the possibility to create GIFs out of several images. You can set canvas size, change display time and effects of image changing.
Photoscape has everything you can expect from a free and basic photo editor. It includes some nice extras like GIF animation creator and it offers rather easy-to-use cropping and resizing tools. I doubt Photoscape will fulfill the needs of a professional photo editor, still it will help you create some nice things out of your photos without many efforts.
- Includes some extras like GIF animation tool and RAW converter.
- Nice resizing and cropping tools.
- Batch editor.
- Its range of options is limited.
- No clever selection.
- No layer support.
- Red eye effect removal tool doesn't provide satisfactory results.
What's new in version 3.7
Added 'Black & White' and 'Bandicoot' filters (Editor > Home)
Added a 'Smart Blur' brush (Editor > Tools > Effect Brush)
Brush sizes increase from 3 to 4 and become bigger.
Added 29 more film effects so totally 35 film effects now. (Editor > Home)
Improved the 'Film Effect' UI
Improved Editor, Page, Combine and AniGif UI
Fixed minor bugs
What's new in version 3.6
"File invisibility in the desktop folder" Bug fixed.
"Editor -> Object: Icon button" added.
"Editor -> Object -> Icon: Icon Input" Bug fixed.
Crystallize, Blur Brushes added (Editor -> Effect Brush)
Brighten, Deepen, Darken Brushes upgraded (Editor -> Effect Brush)
Fixed minor bugs.
What's new in version 3.5
- Supports 34 languages: English, Korean, Chinese, Traditional Chinese, German, Dutch, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Mexico, Latin America), French, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Colombian), Thai, Hungarian, Turkish, Catalan, Slovak, Czech, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian, Swedish, Estonian, Danish, Romanian, Hebrew, Galician, Finnish, Indonesian and Arabic.
- Added Clone Stamp (Editor -> Tools Tab) video
- Added Paint Brush (Editor -> Tools Tab)
- Added Color Picker (Editor -> Tools Tab & Object Tab)
- Improved Mosaic Filter: Mosaic pixel size selectable (Editor -> Tools Tab)
- Changed Editor -> Region tab name from 'Region' to 'Tools'.
- Added 'Print Button' to Viewer and Editor.
- Added 59 travel icons, 7 face icons and 6 makeup icons.
- Photo Development Service with FOTO.COM (EU Only)
- At combine, the first photo's EXIF information would be saved.
- Photo viewer shows photos in regular sequence (a1, a10, a2, a3 -> a1, a2, a3, a10)
- Run 'Raw Converter' automatically when you drag & drop at the Photoscape welcome screen.
- Support Windows Vista, Windows 7.
- Support Multiuser Sessions.
- Stop supporting Window 95, 98 and Me. (If you are a user of Windows 98 or Me, please use Photoscape 3.4)
- Fixed minor bugs.
PhotoScape is an image editing tool with a set of unique features, not found in other programs. You can view the pictures in your computer, combine two or more images, etc. You can create animated GIF images using a set of photos. The splitter tool lets you divide a large photo into pieces - this is useful for printing.
All comments (21)